Full-Coat Layflat Paper Liner
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)Request for Quote
The liner base paper is fully coated from edge to edge with silicone release coating. The release coating is compatible with a wide range of rubber-based hot melt pressure-sensitive adhesives.
Citadel Specialty Products is far from the biggest manufacturer of silicone release liners – and we are PROUD of it! When you partner with us, you won’t find unrealistically large minimums, outrageously long lead times, or folks that won’t return a phone call or email. We inventory a large amount of both coated liner that is ready to be slit and uncoated base paper that is ready to be coated to your specification. On many products, we have no minimums. Some products require an order of just a single master roll. Turn times are typically just 3 to 7 business days, and if you’re in a terrible jam, we’ll do better than that! All of our managers are engineers and are happy to talk to you about any details of your order or ideas for new products.
We offer two standard release levels or can custom formulate one that works for your particular requirements.
- Standard Release (SR) : 10 – 45 grams per inch
- High Release (HR): 45 – 100 grams per inch
The base papers we use are built to caliper. Here’s a look:
- 2.2 mil (roughly 32#’s per 3,000 ft2 ream)
- 2.6 mil (roughly 36#’s per 3,000 ft2 ream)
- 3.3 mil (roughly 45#’s per 3,000 ft2 ream)
- 5.0 mil (roughly 70#’s per 3,000 ft2 ream)
Our liners are used in a wide variety of end products. Many of our customers are printers and converters of integrated labels (form/label combinations). They are used in the production of shipping/receiving documents, pharmacy prescription labels, and just about any other label application you can think of. They are specifically engineered to have great layflat properties, making them ideal to be used in laser printer applications. The backside of our liners are compatible to receive flexo and offset printing as well as laser toner and ink-jet inks. Again, the liners are built to caliper and provide a great surface for die cutting.
We have master rolls of various sizes at the basis weights listed above. Here are some details about the finished roll sizes we can produce for each of these:
- 2.2 mil – This is our most popular liner, and we have it pre-coated in stock. It’s just waiting to be slit to your requirements. Slit widths can range from 1 inch to 28.5 inches. Roll lengths are either 15,000′ or 25,000′.
- 2.6 mil – The minimum for this liner is a just a single master roll at either 18 inches or 19.5 inches, each by 55,000′. Once you order a master roll, we can slit it to any width or combination of widths you desire. Roll lengths are also up to you.
- 3.3 mil – The minimum for this liner is a just a single master roll at either 17.5 inches, 20 inches, or 25 inches, each by 42,000′. Once you order a master roll, we can slit it to any width or combination of widths you desire. Roll lengths are also up to you.
- 5.0 mil – The minimum for this liner is a just a single master roll at 14.5 inches by 30,000′. Once you order a master roll, we can slit it to any width or combination of widths you desire. Roll lengths are also up to you.
Our standard is to put your finished rolls on 3″ cores, but 6″ cores are available upon request. We can wind rolls either silicone in or silicone out, per your preference. Rolls are packaged either in rolling position or poker chipped on a skid.